Wednesday, September 23, 2009

troy,
I LIED- I AM SORRY, blog blog blog, looooooove it :). term paperr = badddd. blogging = LOVE.

So I am thinking that for this project, the quote: "what you feel is what you are, what you are is beautiful" I feel that I should cut the different letters out and then get different kinds of textures and place them behind the words- i can show a sketch later!

Ah troy, blogging is amazingg!

So i decided that Jasper Johns is clearly my favorite. I learned about him in my art history class 2 years ago and his art work is just great. I love his layering of work and I love the texture he puts on flag- there is so much to it, yet so little.

I really like the textures that jasper johns uses, yet I think that they would work great for my project. I like to layer a lot when I do my work but I love to overlap things and even overlap and build up on that.
I also really enjoy the different saturated colors he uses, I loveee using colors and really saturate them. I love using dark deep colors, but the way Jasper uses them is very inspiring to me, it makes up the picutre as a whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment