Saturday, September 26, 2009

So i am working in illustrator now on my type. I am going to write the quote and then stencil out the words so i can put the textures behind it.

I was thinking that the paper should be white, Im not sure of the background should be yet. Because there is so much going on in the letters, i feel that doing a background other than white would be too distracting maybe?

So far I have come up with these ideas and textures but I am missing 2- for gluttony and sloth.

for lust I am going to do red silk
pride i was thinking of taking a broken mirror and pasting all the pieces together (broken mirror because when you are proud you sometimes tent to "poke" and be all out there and mirror because of narcissism in a way....)
greed I was going to use dollar bills...
envy i was going to use green velvet (soft, comfortable, something everyone wants to be around, so they envy it...very out there, i know)
wrath i was thinking about a metal sponge- its rough and "angry"- not something you really want to be around....

so i have those five but i dont know about sloth or gluttony...
I am also thinking that i might have to mount my paper on foam core so it can support the textures behind it...

hope this is good, my sketches arent really good, but im going tomorrow to buy the fabrics and then i can upload them.

1 comment:

  1. Good job explaining the process you went through on this Ayelet, I was glad to see you integrate the digital print with the different materials. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete